I recently bought a bong and shortly after using it, I felt instant regret! As much as I enjoy how smooth the draw was, I completely forgot about that god awful smell of bong water!
Thankfully, baking soda, vinegar, and hot water will do the trick. I've listed below an all-natural remedy of how to clean your bong and continue to enjoy a clean and smooth smoking experience.
- 4 cups white or apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups baking soda
- ½ cup baking soda in reserve
What you'll need:
- Measuring cup
- A deep pot that is taller than your bong
- Bottlebrush or toothbrush
- Metal tongs with rubber pads
- 2 towels
Let's get right into it:
1. Place your bong into a deep pot. Pour in 1/2 cup baking soda down the bong stem. Pour the remaining 1 1/2 cups of baking soda into the bottom of the pot. Set the ½ cup in reserve to the side.
2. Pour 1 cup of vinegar down the bong stem. You'll notice an instant fizzy reaction. That's normal!
3. Add the remaining vinegar to the pot. Let this sit for 5 minutes.
4. Add water to fully cover the bong. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
5. Watch the water level. Do not let the bong become exposed to air, or else the bong will crack! Add more water if needed.
6. Simmer on low heat for 1-2 hours.
7. Gently pull out the bong and drain the water. Place onto a towel.
8. Carefully pour the remaining reserve baking soda into the bong. Add a few tablespoons of the vinegar water to make a paste.
9. Gently scrub the inside of the bong with a bottle brush or toothbrush.
10. Rinse the bong out with warm tap water and place it on top of the second towel. Air dry fully before you use it and voila!
That's what I call high maintenance.